To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
A classical Indian-style baked chicken.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
● 4 pieces bone-in chicken breast-halves
● 2 tablespoons olive oil for basting
● 3/4 cup plain yogurt
● 2 tablespoons lemon juice
● 4 cloves garlic, peeled
● 1-inch piece of peeled, fresh ginger
● 1 tablespoon ground cumin
● 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
● 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
● 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
● 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
● 1 tablespoon red food coloring (optional)
● 2 tablespoons. yellow food coloring (optional)
● Kosher salt to taste
1. Pull the skin off chicken pieces and trim fat. Prick the flesh and make diagonal slashes, 1-inch apart using a paring knife.
2. Set aside in a bowl. Mix all the ingredients of the marinade in an electric blender or a food processor and process until thoroughly
3. Pour the marinade over chicken, tossand rub, to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
✚ Preheat oven to 500℉
4.Place chicken in a single layer over a ra
5. Serve immediately, accompanied with Pan-Roasted Potatoes and Onions with Cumin and Indian Salsa.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved