To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
Chinese barbecue at it's best!
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
CANTONESE SHORT RIBS
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 6
● 3¾ pounds beef short ribs, cut in 1/2inch slices with bones
● salt and freshly ground black pepper
● ½cup water
● 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
● 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
● ¼cup hoisin sauce
● 3 tablespoons plum sauce
● 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
● 2 tablespoons soy sauce
● 1 tablespoon peanut oil
● 1 tablespoon sesame oil
● 1 tablespoon honey
● 1 tablespoon chili paste
● 1 tablespoon pureed garlic
● 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
● 1 bunch cilantro, stems trimmed and roughly chopped
● 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
✚ Preheat oven to 350℉
1. Season ribs with salt and pepper. Lay across a rack in a roasting pan orbaking sheet and bake 10 minutes. In a
small bowl, combine water, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Brush over top side of ribs and bake an
additional 10 minutes. Turn, brush again, and bake 10 minutes more. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add roasted ribs and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and
refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours or as long as 24.
3. Preheat grill. Grill ribs for 2 minutes per side and serve immediately.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved