To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
The Thai version of this popular Asian dish!
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
THAI CHICKEN SALAD
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4
• 3 cups vegetable oil, for frying
• 20 won ton skins, cut into 1/4 inch strips
• 8 cups shredded mixed salad greens
• 4 cups bite-size pieces of barbecued or roast chicken (from a 3 lb bird)
• 1 cup bean sprouts
• 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into thin julienne
• 1/2 European seedless cucumber (about 8 oz), cut into thin julienne
• 6 tblsp fresh lime juice
• 1/4 cup fish sauce (nuoc mam)
• 1/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
• 4 serrano chiles, seeded and minced
• 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
• 1 tblsp finely minced fresh lemon grass (optional)
• 1 tblsp finely minced fresh ginger
• 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
• 3 tblsp minced fresh basil
• 1/4 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil over moderately high heat until a strip of won ton bounces across the surface. Add the won-ton
strips in batches and fry, turning, until crisp and golden, about 1 minute. Transfer to paper towels; drain well.
2. In a large bowl, combine the mixed greens, chicken, bean sprouts, yellow pepper and cucumber.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, chiles, nutmeg, lemon grass, ginger, mint and basil.
Add the dressing to the salad and toss well. Gently fold in the crisp won-ton strips. Turn out onto a serving platter and
sprinkle with the peanuts.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved