● 4 pieces bone-in chicken breast-halves
● 2 tablespoons olive oil for basting
● 3/4 cup plain yogurt
● 2 tablespoons lemon juice
● 4 cloves garlic, peeled
● 1-inch piece of peeled, fresh ginger
● 1 tablespoon ground cumin
● 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
● 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
● 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
● 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
● 1 tablespoon red food coloring (optional)
● 2 tablespoons. yellow food coloring (optional)
● Kosher salt to taste
1. Skin the chicken pieces and trim fat. Prick the flesh and make diagonal slashed, 1-inch apart using a paring knife. Set aside in a
bowl. Mix the remaining ingredients of the marinade in an electric blender or a food processor and process until thoroughly pureed.
2. Pour the marinade over chicken, toss and rub, to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
✚ Preheat oven to 500℉
3. Place chicken in a single layer over a rack positioned in sheet pan. Bake in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes, basting once with
marinade juices and oil, or until cooked. Serve immediately, accompanied with Pan-Roasted Potatoes and
Onions with Cumin and Indian Salsa.