GRILLED PRAWNS WITH A TAMARIND GLACE'
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
● 2 lbs. prawns under 15 count, shelled and deveined. No more than
In a bowl toss shrimp with the tamarind glace' and marinate until grill
is ready, about 20-30 minutes. Grill shrimp, turning them occasionally,
until crusty, opaque, and charred, about 4 minutes. Use gas or charcoal
Smoky flavor, earthy. with a sweet-and-sour with a spicy bite, this glace'
is alsodelicious on pork, beef, and chicken.
Tamarind seasoning paste
● 2 tablespoons olive oil
● 6 dried chipotle chiles**SEE COOK'S NOTE**, stemmed, seeded, and deveined (wear rubber gloves)
● 1 cup boiling water
● 1 cup tamarind paste*
● 1 medium white onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
● 10 garlic cloves
● 1 can diced Roma tomatoes
1. Can be purchased in a Mexican grocery or good Supermarket
● Serve shrimp with salsa and/or grilled vegetables.