To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
TAMARIND CHICKEN WINGS.
Tamarind gives these wings a wonderful Southeast Asian flavor.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
TAMARIND CHICKEN WINGS
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4
● ⅓ cup tamarind pulp
● 2 tablespoons brown sugar
● 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce (or soy sauce)
● 1 clove garlic, minced
● 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
● 1 tsp sherry
● 1 ½ lbs chicken wings, separated
● Salt & pepper
1. Cover about ½ cup of tamarind pulp with boiling water and break up with a fork. Let sit for 20 minutes. Place the tamarind in a coarse mesh strainer
and with a spatula push the pulp through the strainer over a medium bowl until there’s 1/3 cup of thick puree. Discard the seeds and skin that remain.
2. Add the brown sugar, fish sauce, garlic, ginger and sherry to the tamarind pulp, stir to combine and set aside.
3. Season the wing segments with salt and pepper and place in a single layer in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté, turning occasionally until
nicely browned on all sides.
4. Add enough of the tamarind mixture to barely coat the wings and continue to sauté over medium low heat for about 30 minutes, turning occasionally
until the wings are tender and sticky on the outside. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved