To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
PERFECT SUSHI RICE FOR ROLLING OR JUST EATING
Here is an excellent recipe for perfect sushi rice. You can eat this alone as a side, or roll into your favorite sushi roll with ingredients of choice.
I use strips of carrots, roasted peppers, cucumbers and slices of avocado or use your imagination. You can adjust the amount of
vinegar in this recipe to suit your taste.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
• 2 cups uncooked glutinous white rice (sushi rice)
• 3 cups cold bottled water (Not chlorinated or flavored)
• 1/2 cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or toasted sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 cup white sugar
1. Rinse the rice in a strainer or colander until the waters running clear.
2. Combine rice with water in a medium saucepan.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Rice should be tender and water
should be absorbed.
4. Cool until rice cool enough to handle.
5. In a small saucepan, combine the rice wine vinegar, oil, sugar and salt.Cook over medium heat until the sugar
dissolves. Cool, then stir into the cooked rice. When you pour this in to the rice it will seem very wet. Keep
stirring and the rice will dry as it cools.
6. Your rice is now ready to eat or to roll into “sushi” rolls.