To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
Vegetables braised in olive oil.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
KHORVADZED VEGETABLES - ARMENIAN RATATOILLE
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4 − 6
• 6 tomatoes
• ¼ cup olive extra virgin olive oil
• 1 medium onion flakes, sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
• 1 eggplant (1 inch slices)
• 2 zucchini sliced
• 1 red bell pepper
• 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
• black pepper
1. Instead of parsley for garnish, use fresh basil or oregano (fresh) if you prefer. Prepare vegetables before beginning recipe.
2. Slice onion, cut garlic into slivers or mince, chop parsley, cut eggplant into 1-inch rounds, cut zucchini into ¼-inch rounds, seed and chop red pepper. Blanch
tomatoes by placing in boiling water for 10 seconds. Drain, and when cool enough to handle, peel, seed and chop. Reserve juice from tomatoes.
3. Heat oil in a deep, heavy saucepan. Add onion, garlic and 1 tablespoon parsley. Saute about 3 minutes or until onion is soft. Add eggplant, zucchini and red
sweet pepper and mix well.
4. Cover pan and simmer over low heat until the vegetables are tender; about 30-35 minutes. Add tomatoes with the juice, stir well, cover again and simmer 10
5. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
6. Add wine vinegar and black pepper to taste. Stir well.
7. Place into serving dish and garnish with fresh parsley, basil or oregano. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Per serving: 161 Calories; 10g Fat (49% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 17mg Sodium
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved