POLYNESIAN CHICKEN WINGS
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 6
● 3 lbs. chicken wings, rinsed and patted dry
● ¼ Cup(s) brown sugar
● ¼ Cup(s) soy sauce
● ¼ Cup(s) red wine vinegar
● 3 Tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
● 3 Tablespoon(s) frozen pineapple juice concentrate
● 1 Tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh ginger-root or (if necessary) ½ tsp. ground ginger
● 1 Teaspoon(s) chopped garlic
1. Remove wing tips (save for stock); separate wings at the joint.
2. Blend the rest of the ingredients thoroughly.
3. Add to chicken wings and coat well.
4. Cover and chill overnight, turning pieces often.
✚ Heat oven to 375℉.
5. Line large baking sheet with foil; arrange wings, skin side down. Reserve the marinade.
6. Pour reserved marinade over the layer of wings.
7. Bake 1 hour; turning wings after 30 minutes.
8. Remove wings from oven and let cool to slightly above room temperature before serving.
1. Remove wings from oven when the liquid on the bottom of the baking pan is a dark syrupy liquid.