CREOLE BUTTERMILK “OVEN FRIED” CHICKEN
Skip the deep frying, fat, skin and bones.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
EASY OVEN BUTTERMILK “FRIED” CHICKEN
INGREDIENTS: Serves 6
• 6 Thawed boneless- skinless chicken breasts
• 1 Quart buttermilk
• 2 Large eggs beaten
• 1 Tablespoon Tony Chachere’s® Creole seasoning
• 1 Cup all purpose flour
• 1 8 oz. package Kikkoman® Panko Bread Crumbs
✚ Preheat oven to 400ºF
✚ Cut 1/2 stick of butter into a few pieces and place in a 9x13 pan. Spread melted butter around the bottom of the pan. Lightly spray the pan,
if needed, to make sure that there are no dry spots**SEE COOKS NOTE** Melt butter in pre-heated oven.
1. Soak thawed chicken breasts in buttermilk for 20-30 minutes, then discard buttermilk
2. Mix Flour and Creole seasoning in a pie tin and dip the soaked breasts thoroughly in the flour mixture
3. Place beaten eggs in a pie in another tin and dip the floured and seasoned breasts in the beaten eggs
4. Place Panko crumbs in a 3rd pie tin and completely encrust the floured and egged breasts generously in the crumbs
5. Place the chicken breasts in the buttered pan
6. Cook for 20 min. Turn each piece of chicken and continue cooking for 20 more minutes, or until cooked through
7. Make as much as you like. You are limited only by the amount of space in your oven.
1. A non-stick baking pan, buttered, does very well here.
Copyright 2001© - 2014© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved