To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
The Jasmine rice in this recipe gives a wonderful aroma to this salad!
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
ORIENTAL RICE SALAD
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 6
● 2 tablespoons olive oil
● 1 large onion, finely chopped
● 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
● 1/2 teaspoon cumin
● 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
● 1/2 teaspoon coriander
● 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
● 2 cups jasmine rice
● 5 cups water
● Salt and freshly ground pepper
● 1/2 pound snow peas, blanched and shocked
● 1 large carrot, julienned
● 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan until almost smoking. Add the onions and cook until soft. Add the garlic, cumin, nutmeg,
coriander and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the rice and coat with the oil and spices. Add the water, bring to a boil
and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat, cover the pot and cook for 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from heat,
fluff with a fork and fold in snow peas, carrots and parsley. Serve at room temperature.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved