GARLIC MAPLE CHICKEN WINGS
INGREDIENTS CHICKEN: SERVES 6
● 3 lbs chicken wings disjointed and wingtips removed for stock
1. Cut tips from wings; reserve, if you like, for making stock or soup.
2. Cut each wing into 2 pieces.
● 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
● ½ cup maple syrup (not imitation)
● ¼ cup Kecap Manis, Dark, sweet soy sauce.
● ¼ cup Dijon mustard
● ¼ cup vegetable oil
● ½ cup water
● 1 Teaspoon(s) Kosher salt
● ½ cup brown sugar
1. Mix the above ingredients well and divide in half. Pour ½ of the marinade into a large ZipLock® bag and
add the chicken wings. Shake the bag to distribute the marinade over the chicken wings and let marinate
for 2 hours. Save the remainder of the marinade to serve as a basting sauce for the final step of cooking
2. Refrigerate the bag of wings at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
3. Remove wings from marinade, shaking off excess marinade.
✚ Preheat oven to 400℉
4. Place wings on oiled barbecue grill; grill for about 10 − 15 minutes, turning often until wings have dark
golden brown grill marks.
5. Remove wings from grill and place as one layer in a large baking pan lined with aluminum foil. Pour or
brush the remaining half of the marinade/basting sauce over the grilled wings and bake for 20 minutes
until the basting sauce has turned into a thick syrup around the wings. Cool a bit and serve warm.