To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
CHICKEN MANCHURIAN - A HOT AND HEARTY CHICKEN SOUP WITH A LOT OF FIRE POWER
This will certainly warm you upon a cold Manchurian night!
A colorful soup that is a staple in Manchuria
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
• ½ lb. Chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes (Use boneless-skinless breasts & thighs)
• 1½ cup Chicken stock (yakhni)
• 3 tbsp Tomato ketchup
• 2 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
• 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
• ½ tsp Salt
• ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
• ½ tsp Sugar
• 3 tsp Corn Starch
• 1 Egg
• 1 Tomato, chopped
• 1 Onion diced
• ½ cup Vegetable Oil and 1 cup for frying
• 2 Thai bird, or Serrano or Jalapeño
• Garlic and Ginger as per taste
1. Marinate the chicken cubes with 2 tsp corn flour, oil, egg, salt and keep aside.
2. Finely chop the onion, tomato, green chili, garlic and ginger.
3. Pour oil in a wok, and deep fry the chicken until browning begins, drain on paper
4. Then in a pan fry ginger, garlic, then add onion and chili and cook until onions are
5. Add tomato, chicken stock and let it boil.
6. Then add tomato ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, red chili powder.
7. Dissolve corn flour in water. Add this mixture in the gravy to make it thick, serve hot
You can go sparingly on the chilis, but remember for the Manchurians, this soup is supposed to be
hot and spicy.
Copyright 2001© - 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved