MAHOGANY CHICKEN WINGS
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 12 − 20
● 1½ Cup(s) soy sauce
● ¾ Cup(s) dry sherry
● 1⅓ Cup(s) hoisin sauce
● ¾ Cup(s) Chinese plum sauce
● 10 minced green onions
● 6 large garlic cloves, chopped very fine
● ¾ Cup(s) cider vinegar
● ½ Cup(s) honey
● 6 to 7 lbs. chicken wings
1. In a 3-quart saucepan, combine all ingredients, except the chicken wings. Bring to a boil; simmer
5 minutes and cool.
2. While sauce is cooling, cut off wing tips, and disjoint wings.
3. Put wings into plastic bags or a large plastic container with a lid. Pour cooled sauce over and
✚ Preheat oven to 375℉
4. Oil or line with foil 2 large roasting pans. Drain wings, retaining sauce, and divide wings
between the prepared pans. Bake at 375℉ for 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes with some of the
sauce and turning to brown evenly. Switch pans from upper and lower racks halfway through
5. Serve at room temperature.