LEMON ZEST TART WITH AN ALMOND/HONEY CRUST
● 1½ cups flour
● ½ cup finely chopped or ground almonds
● ½ cup cold butter, cut into ¼ inch cubes
● 3 tablespoons honey
● 6 eggs
● 4 egg yolks
● 1½ cups milk
● 1½ cups cream
● Zest of 6 lemons
● 1 cup sugar
✚ Preheat oven to 425℉
1. Form a well with the flour and almonds and place butter and honey in center.
2. Mix honey and butter together with hands to form a paste and then mix with dry ingredients until moist dough is formed.
3. Split in half, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Remove one half and roll out to fit a 10-inch tart mold, walls included.
5. Bake blind with foil and beans until crisp, fifteen minutes and cool.
✚ Lower oven to 360 ℉.
6. In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs, yolks, milk, cream, zest, and sugar and pour into pan with the now cooled
7. Bake until set, 35 to 45 minutes, cool completely, and serve.