To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
A delicious chicken soup with lima beans. "Pressurized Penicillin"!
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
JEWISH BEAN SOUP
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 6
● 1 broiler/fryer chicken (save giblets)
● water to cover
● 1 lb. carrots
● 1 large onion
● 4 ribs celery
● 1 lb. large dry lima beans
● Flat leafed parsley
● Kosher salt and pepper
1. Remove giblets from chicken. Reserve liver, heart and gizzard for other use. Add neck with chicken to soup pot.
2. Cover with cold water; bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is tender. Remove chicken from broth
3. Wash lima beans and add to broth with peeled or scrubbed carrots cut in chunks, celery cut in chunks and chopped
4. Simmer until beans and vegetables are tender. Skin and bone chicken and cut in bite-size pieces. Return to soup
and add salt and pepper to taste. Add dehydrated or freshly minced parsley for color.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved