To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
MIE GORENG - INDONESIAN FRIED NOODLES
Fried Indonesian egg noodles topped with chicken, shrimp, squid and vegetables.
A skillet dinner that will satisfy your longing for a truly South East Asian Island dinner. Easy to make and tasty to boot.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4
● 2 tablespoons oil
● 2 cloves garlic, minced
● 4 oz chicken meat, cut into small pieces
● 4 oz squid rings & tentacles
● 6 medium-sized shrimp, shelled and deveined
● 2 oz cabbage, shredded
● 6 oz bean sprouts, rinsed with cold water and roots removed (optional)
● 1 lb yellow egg noodles, rinsed with cold water and drained
● 3 tablespoons World Foods Nasi Goreng paste **SEE COOK'S NOTES - 1**
● 1½ tablespoon kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)**SEE COOK'S NOTES - 2**
● ¼ teaspoon salt
● Tomato wedges, garnishing
● Chopped scallion, garnishing
1. Heat the oil in a wok or skillet over high heat.
2. Add the minced garlic and stir-fry until aromatic, then add the chicken and shrimp. Stir continuously
until they are half cooked.
3. Add the cabbage, bean sprouts, and noodles into the wok or skillet and stir fry for about 10 seconds
before adding the World Foods Nasi Goreng Paste, kecap manis, and salt.
4. Using the spatula to toss the noodles and all the ingredients back and forth until well combined,
about 1 minute or until the noodles are cooked through.
5. Dish out, garnish with chopped scallion and a couple of tomato wedges. Serve immediately.
1. World Foods is a Malaysian brand, with its manufacturing facility in Thailand. It offers a range of
Asian-flavored sauces and pastes for everyday cooking. The products are available worldwide. In the
United States, you can find them at Whole Foods markets and other outlets, or online.
2. KECAP MANIS can be purchased or you can make it yourself with this recipe.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved