To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
HONEY, HABAÑERO AND MANGO HOT WINGS
Spicy hot...... but wonderful. Habañeros, mango and honey just go together on chicken.
You can present these anyway you would like, but the photo shows a very tempting presentation if you need some ideas. Crudites with a ranch dressing and fire roasted mango slices with a squeeze of lime go very well with the wings.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4 - 6
● 3-4 lbs. disjointed chicken wings, use tips for stock if desired. (thawed if frozen)
Salt & pepper to season (sprinkle on wings lightly)
**Mango/Habanero Marinade (Recipe follows)
Place wings in a large freezer bag and pour marinade over the wings. Seal
bag and turn bag over a few time to distribute the marinade. Let the wings
marinate for 4- 6 hours in the refrigerator.
Cook wings on a charcoal or gas barbecue until cooked. Wings can also
be done on a sheet pan in a 350°F oven for 25-30 minutes or deep fried if you so desire.**SEE COOK'S NOTES**.
Serve hot or cold.
Serves 4 - 6 depending on who's eating them. In our house, probably 2.
● 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
● 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
● 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
● 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and chopped
● 1 habanero pepper, chopped
● 1 Tbl. Fermented black bean sauce (Asian food aisle)
● 1/4 cup honey
● 1 cup rice wine vinegar
● 1 tsp. Salt
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and saute until onions
are translucent. Add mangoes, habañero, black bean sauce, honey and vinegar and cook
over low heat for 20 minutes. Place the mixture in a blender or use and immersion blender,
and blend until smooth. Season with the salt. If mixture is too thick, add water or rice wine
vinegar until desired thickness attained.
INGREDIENTS, MANGO-HABAÑERO GLAZE:
● 2 cups mango nectar
● 1 tablespoon honey or light corn syrup
● 3 tablespoons red monkey mango habañera seasoning
● ¼ cup Franks "Thick" , hot wing sauce
● ⅓ cup melted butter
INGREDIENTS, GARNISH: Makes 1½ dozen
● Celery and carrot sticks or other crudites
● Ranach deressing
● Grilled mangos
1. I strongly suggest either outside grilling or baking in the oven. The results are much more
compatible with the rest of the recipe.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved