To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
GENERAL TSO'S CHICKEN.
Your friends are going to think you bought this. Yours is going to be a lot better than "Take Out".
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4
● 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut in 1 inch cubes
● 1 large egg
● 1 cup all purpose flour
● 3 cups peanut oil or vegetable oil
● ¼ cup chicken stock
● 2 Tablespoon(s) sugar
● 1 Tablespoon(s) Hoisin Sauce
● 1 Tablespoon(s) dark toasted sesame oil
● 1 Teaspoon(s) cornstarch
● 1 Tablespoon(s) Dark sweet soy sauce or Kecap Manis
● 2 cloves mashed garlic
● 2 one inch diameter slices of ginger root, diced
● 3 Green onions or scallions cut into ¾ - 1 inch pieces (Dice some extra green parts for garnish)
● 2 Tablespoon(s) sesame seeds (toasted) fore garnish
1. Mix together the chicken stock, sugar, Hoisin sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch and dark soy sauce until sugar has dissolved.
2. Dice the scallions, garlic and ginger - set aside.
3. Cut up the chicken breasts into cubes and mix together with the egg.
4. Dip the egg washed chicken cubes into the flour and coat well.
✚ Heat oil in a deep pan to 375℉ - 400℉
5. Deep fry floured chicken pieces until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
6. Remove oil from pan and reserve 1 Tablespoon(s). Heat the tablespoon of oil and add the scallions, garlic and ginger and stir fry
until the scallions have a little color. Add the sauce and cook until the sauce gut’s bubbly. Add the chicken and stir well to coat
with the sauce.
7. Sprinkle the extra green scallions and the sesame seeds over the chicken and serve with jasmine rice.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved