To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
ELOTES ASADOS - MEXICAN GRILLED CORN ON A STICK
"Elotes Asados" is Mexican "Street Food" and is basically ears of sweet corn cooked on a grill and served up with some lime/butter sauce and some red pepper to give it a little kick. A meal in itself and the taste will totally blow you away.
You can make Mexican street food at home anytime you want and you will have total control over how it is prepared, how hot and spicy it will be and the quality of the ingredients. Give this recipe a try, as it is easy to prepare, nutritious, and a great summer evening supper that everyone will enjoy. If you like, it is easy to adjust the ingredients to fit your lifestyle.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4 - 6
• 12 ears sweet corn, silk and husks removed
• 8 tablespoons or 1 cube butter
• Juice of a lime (about 1 tablespoon)
• ¼ cup mayonnaise
• Pinch of ground chipotle powder, or cayenne pepper, or a few dashes of Tabasco® or Yucatan Sunshine® Habanero hot sauce
• Kosher or sea salt to taste
• 1 cup Mexican Cojita® cheese
1. Grill the corn, turning occasionally, until about ½ of the kernels are golden and caramelized.
Make the sauce:
1. Melt the butter in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally, until the butter begins to brown to a golden brown.
2. Add the lime, chipotle and salt
3. Turn off the heat, let cool and add the mayonnaise, rewarm before serving.
4. Transfer to a small dish. When your corn is grilled, you will brush this sauce over the ears of grilled corn
Dress the corn:
1. Brush the grilled ears of corn with the sauce.**SEE COOK'S NOTES**
2. Roll the ears of corn in a paper plate full of the grated Cojita cheese, and coat the ears generously
3. Let your guests add any extra cayenne, hot sauce, Tabasco® or Yucatan Sunshine® themselves.
If you have sauce left over, it will last in the fridge for at least a week. Go buy some more corn!
Copyright 2001© - 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved