To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
DUNGENESS CRAB OMLETTE WITH MASCARPONE CHEESE
This is a brunch dish to elevate the humble omlette to ambrosia.
For breakfast, brunch or supper, this will be a hit with both family and friends.
The American West Coast's prized crustacean makes a real hit as the top ingredient in a super omlette.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
• 6 eggs
• 2 Tbl. pat butter
• 1 Tbl. heavy cream
• 1/2 cup lump Dungeness crab meat
• 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
• sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 Tbl. sour cream
• diced chives, for garnish
1. Heat the butter over high heat in a small, non stick skillet, until foamy (Do not let butter
brown, just until it bubbles.
2. Meanwhile, whip the eggs with a whisk with the heavy cream and salt and pepper.
3. Pour the egg mixture in the skillet and swirl it around a bit so it is just starting to set,
(about 1 1/2 minutes).
4. Using a high heat silicone spatula, scrape around the edges of the pan to loosen the egg from
the sides. Tilt and swirl the pan to allow the runny, uncooked egg on top to drip down
underneath the cooked parts. Do this for about a minute.
5. Add the mascarpone and crab meat filling to one side of the omlette and cook for another
minute. Using your spatula, fold the opposite side of the eggs over the crab lumps. Carefully
slide your omlette onto a plate.
6. Top with a dollop of sour cream and the chopped chives.
COOKS NOTE* A couple of slices of bacon will compliment this dish and serve as an additional garnish.
Copyright 2001© - 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved