To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
DUNGENESS CRAB ENCHILADAS - MEXICAN WITH A TOUCH OF THE NORTHWEST
Crab is the perfect ingredient to pair with a Mexican dish like enchiladas.
An enchilada with delicate flavors like crab, roasted vegetables, a piquant tomato-tomatillo based sauce, and just enough heat.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Serves 6
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 roasted jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
• 1 medium yellow onion, roasted, and then chopped
• 1 yellow bell pepper, roasted and chopped
• 1 ear of yellow corn, roasted, cooled and kernels removed
• 1/2-3/4 lb. Dungeness crab meat
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 doz corn tortillas
• 1 - 8 oz. can Rosarita brand red enchilada sauce
• 1 - 8 oz. can Rosarita brand green enchilada sauce**
• 8 oz. grated Monterey Jack cheese
• 2 oz. grated Tillamook cheese
• 1 - 2 oz. can sliced olives
• 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño round slices
• 1/4 cup scallions, sliced in thin rounds
• 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
**Use only 1/2 can of each and freeze the remaining for another time.
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet to medium hot, add garlic and sautè. Add cumin and lime juice.
2. Add roasted onions, yellow bell pepper and jalapenos.
3. Let cool and stir in 1/2 of the Monterey Jack cheese and the crab.
4. Heat enchilada sauce in a skillet and dip corn tortillas in sauce only long enough to soften.
5. On a cutting board, fill each tortilla with the mixture, and roll up. Place the filled tortillas in a
baking pan or dish tightly side by side.
6. Evenly pour the enchilada sauce over the tortillas.
7. Sprinkle with the remaining Monterey Jack cheese and the Tillamook Cheese.
Garnish with the sliced scallions, jalapeño and olive slices.
8. Bake in a 325º degree oven for 25 minutes.
Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve.
COOKS NOTE* You can learn how to roast vegetables by going to the vegetable
pages on this website. ROASTING VEGETABLES
Copyright 2001© - 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved