To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
CHEROKEE CORNCOB JELLY
Cherokee jelly made from...yes..CORN COBS!
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
CHEROKEE CORN COB JELLY
INGREDIENTS: Makes about 8 cups
● 12 ears fresh corn
4 cups water
● 4 cups sugar
● 13 fluid ounce package of liquid fruit pectin
● 1 - 2 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
1. Cut corn from cobs and reserve for another use; soup, chowder, succotash or whatever.
2. Cut cobs into 2 inch round chunks.
3. Place cobs in water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook 15 minutes.
4. Remove cobs and strain liquid through cheesecloth. If necessary, add water to make 3 cups.
5. Place liquid in saucepan and stir in sugar. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved.
6. Stir in the pectin and cook 1 minute longer.
7. Remove from heat, skim off any scum and ladle into hot, sterilized jars. Seal and store.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved