RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
CITRUS CRINKLE COOKIES
✹INGREDIENTS: Makes about 2 dozen
• 1 box lemon or orange cake mix (any brand)
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 2 cups Cool Whip, thawed (8 ounce)
• ˝ to 1 cup powdered sugar
• 2 tablespoons candied lemon or orange peel
✚ Preheat oven to 350°.
1. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, candied peel, egg, and Cool Whip. The batter will be sticky!
2. Form dough into tablespoonfuls and roll in powdered sugar.
3. place cookies on a parchment covered cookie baking sheet
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges are golden. Allow to cool 1 minute on baking sheet; then remove.
1. These cookies will remain rather soft and will not harden very much.