INGREDIENTS: SERVES 2
● 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
● 2 tablespoons cornstarch
● ¼ teaspoon baking soda
● ¼ teaspoon baking powder
● 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
● 1 tablespoon dry sherry
● 2 tablespoons water
● 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
● 1 dash sesame oil
● 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cubed
INGREDIENTS SAUCE: SERVES 6
● ½ cup chicken broth
● ½ cup white sugar
● 1 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
● 1 tablespoons dark soy sauce
● 1 tablespoons sesame oil
● 1 teaspoon chile paste
● 1 clove garlic, minced
● 1Tablespoon(s) cornstarch
● ½ cup water
● Vegetable oil for deep frying
● 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1. Sift flour, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, baking soda, and baking powder into a bowl. Pour in low-
sodium soy sauce, sherry, 2 tablespoons water, vegetable oil, and a dash of sesame oil; stir
until smooth. Stir in chicken until coated with the batter, then cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, bring chicken broth, sugar, vinegar, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, chile paste, and
garlic to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Dissolve 1/4 cup cornstarch into 1/2 cup of water,
and stir into boiling sauce. Simmer until the sauce thickens and turns clear, about 2 minutes.
Reduce heat to low, and keep sauce warm.
3. Heat olive oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to a temperature of 375 ℉ .
4. Drop in the battered chicken pieces, a few at a time, and fry until they turn golden brown and float
to the top of the oil, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. To serve, place fried
chicken pieces onto a serving platter, and pour the hot sauce overtop. Sprinkle with toasted
sesame seeds to garnish.**SEE COOK'S NOTE**
Can serve over pan fried noodles or rice with stir fried vegetables with the sesame chicken on top for a well rounded dinner.
NOTE: ALTHOUGH NOT THE EXACT RECIPE PRESENTED, THE VIDEO(S) BELOW MIGHT BE OF HELP TO YOU.
U-TUBE VIDEO - HOW TO MAKE SESAME CHICKEN