To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
BEER BATTERED CATFISH FILETS
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
INGREDIENTS: Serves 6
✹ 3 lb. catfish
✹ ¼ cup cornmeal
✹ ¼ cup flour
✹ 2 eggs, beaten
✹ 1 12-ounce beer
✹ ¼ cup minced onion
✹ 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
✹ salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium mixing bowl blend flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper together.
2. In a separate medium mixing bowl beat egg well, add beer and minced onions, mix
3. Cut the catfish into 2 inch cubes or strips.
4. Heat the vegetable oil. Roll the catfish into the flour mixture, then dip into the beer-
egg mixture, then back into the flour mixture.
5. Place floured and dipped catfish into the deep-fry, cook until golden brown.
Copyright 2001© - 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved