CARAMELIZED GINGER CHICKEN WINGS
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 2
● 1 pound chicken wing drumettes and middle sections
● 1 cup Ginger Ale
● 1 Tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
● 2 Tablespoon(s) Thai fish sauce
● 2 Teaspoon(s) sugar
● 2 Tablespoon(s) minced gingerroot
● 1 Tablespoon(s) crushed garlic 2-3 cloves
● ˝ cups water
● 2 Teaspoon(s) salt
● 1 Tablespoon(s) Dark, Sweet soy sauce (Kecap Manis)
● ˝ Teaspoon(s) fresh ground pepper
1. Wash chicken wings, and then marinate in a mixture of the Ginger ale, vegetable oil, and fish sauce for 1-2 hours.
2. On a hot charcoal or gas grill, cook the wings until just done and they have good grill marks. (Can cook under the broiler in the oven as well.)
✚ Preheat the oven to 400℉. (It should be hot if you just cooked the wings under the broiler)
3. Remove the cooked wings and placed them in one layer in a non-stick baking pan or pyrex baking dish.
COOKS NOTE* I like to line the pans with foil and save on clean-up time.
4. Mix the remaining ingredients together, enough to dissolve the sugar, then evenly pour the sauce over the cooked chicken wings.
5. Bake in the oven until the liquid has evaporated enough to leave the wings bathed in a sticky syrup.
6. Remove and serve with a garnish of sprinkled chopped scallion greens and diced candied gingerroot.