BOURBON GLAZED CHICKEN WINGS WITH BLEU CHEESE SAUCE
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 4 − 6
● 2 Tablespoon(s) (¼ stick) butter
● 1 Cup(s) chopped onion
● 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
● 1 Cup(s) bourbon, divided
● 1 Cup(s) ketchup
● ½ Cup(s) hot pepper sauce (such as Franks or Crystal)
● ⅓ Cup(s) tomato paste
● 3 Tablespoon(s) (packed) brown sugar
● 30 chicken party wings (about 3-4 pounds)
● (Blue cheese dipping sauce recipe follows)
1. Melt butter in a heavy, large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté until
golden, about 5 minutes.
2. Add ¾ of the cup of bourbon; boil until most of liquid is absorbed, about 6-8 minutes.
3. Whisk in remaining 1/4 cup bourbon, ketchup, hot sauce, tomato paste and brown sugar. Bring to
a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about
10 minutes. (the sauce will splatter a bit as it simmers).
4. Remove marinade from heat; cool to room temperature.
5. Place chicken party wings in a large glass baking dish (15x10x2-inch or whatever fits all of
the wings mostly in a single layer). Pour marinade over and turn wings to coat. Cover
and refrigerate overnight.
✚ Preheat oven to 375℉.
6. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper (don’t skip this unless you love scrubbing).
7. Place cooling rack atop prepared baking sheet. Arrange wings on rack, spacing slightly
apart. Spread any remaining marinade from dish over wings. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
8. Bake party wings (still on cooling rack) until cooked through and has browned in spots,
about 45 minutes.
9. Transfer party wings to serving platter alongside the blue cheese dipping sauce.
1. These wings are good served warm or at room temperature.
BLEU CHEESE DIPPING SAUCE
INGREDIENTS Bleu Cheese Dipping Sauce: Makes 2½ cups SERVES 4 − 6
● 8 ounces blue cheese, finely crumbled (about 2 cups)
● 1 16-ounce container sour cream
● ⅓ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
1. Whisk blue cheese crumbles, sour cream, and parsley in a medium bowl until well blended.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Transfer to a serving bowl. Watch it disappear.
1. Dipping sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
2. This dip is too good to be so dangerously simple to make. It’s good with the wings, but also
on potato chips, cucumber slices, celery sticks, carrots….or just a spoon.