To print this page, use your browser's print button.
INVOLTINI WITH CASTAGNE E' PROSCIUTTO
Beef and Prosciutto Rolls with Chestnuts
Courtesy: David Rocco - The Cooking Channel
Printed from THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET
INGREDIENTS:Serves: 4 servings
2 pounds beef, cut into 8 thin slices*
8 cooked ham slices (prosciutto cotto)
24 chestnuts, boiled, peeled and halved
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
Sprig of fresh rosemary
2 cups white wine
1. * Have your butcher provide you with 8 large thin slices of beef.
2. Lay the slices of beef flat on a worktable and put a slice of ham
3. Place 3 to 4 pieces chestnuts on each slice of ham, andseason
with salt and pepper. Roll up each slice of beef and secure
4. Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a large pan. Add the onion and
the sprig of rosemary. Add the beef and sear on all sides. Add the
wine, and cook for a few minutes on medium heat. Season with salt.
5. Add the remaining chestnuts to the pan, breaking up some of them
to thicken the sauce. Let the sauce reduce. Remove the pan from the
heat, and let rest for a few minutes with the lid on.
6. Serve warm.
Copyright 2001© 2011© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved