To print this page, use your browser's print button, or use the copy/paste/print method.
Armenians are avid vegetable gardeners.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
ARMENIAN GREEN SALAD
INGREDIENTS: Serves 6 − 8
FROM THE GARDEN PICK:
● 3 cups cut romaine lettuce
● 2 gootah (Armenian cucumbers), Dice
● 1 red onion quarterd and sliced
● 2 tomatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
● 1 red, gold or green bell pepper, chopped
● 2 stalks of celery, chopped
● ¼ cup Armenian or Italian parsley, chopped
● 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
● 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaves
● Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
● Serve chilled with your favorite oil and vinegar dressing.
● ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
● 1 clove crushed garlic
● ¼ cup white wine vinegar
● 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
● ½ teaspoon tarragon
● Blend the above well
● Toss with the chilled salad and serve
1. Crumbled Armenian or Greek feta cheese and a few Kalamata olives sprinkled over the salad makes an entirely different taste treat.
Copyright 2001© - 2012© TheGutsyGourmet® - All rights reserved