Fresh sweet apricots blended in a wonderful spring salsa.
This is a marvelous sweet and savory salsa that is compatible with many tacos and seafood dishes, as well as grilled chicken, pork and grilled beef.
RECIPE PRINTED FROM: THEGUTSYGOURMET.NET©
APRICOT SALSA (Adapted from a recipe by Emeril Lagasse)
INGREDIENTS: Makes a cup or more
• 3-5 firm apricots, pitted and chopped
• 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
• 1 green onion, chopped (substitute: red onion)
• 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (add more if you like)
• 1 fresh jalapeño chili pepper, finely chopped (Need more heat? Use habañero.)
• 3 tablespoons lime juice
• Add sugar to taste if apricots are not sun ripened. ( If you are fortunate enough to have your apricot
tree, let them ripen just to the point before getting soft. Supermarket apricots that are tree ripened
are a rare commodity. You might get lucky and get good ripe apricots at a Farmer's Market.)
• Mix in a bowl and serve.
Goes great with pork, chicken or fish - also great in tacos and most green and pasta salads.
Copyright 2001© - 2014© The Gutsy Gourmet® - All rights reserved